Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Please Remember



I had not anticipated the lack in posts for the last few days. Nothing seemed appropriate to allow to post on my behalf. 

On Monday, February 27th, 2012 a kid came into my Alma Mater and opened fire in the High School Cafeteria. 6 were wounded, 5 needed immediate medical attention. 3 have now passed away due to their injuries. 

Not only does this touch home for me because I graduated from this school, I also have every intention of having my children graduate from this school as I felt I received a great education. But I also am close to a family whose son passed away. Please keep the King family as well as all the families affected by this tragedy in your prayers. 
I have over 500 friends on Facebook, many in which I met while attending Chardon schools - the pictures you see posted here today are what you see through my feed on Facebook - nearly 200 of those friends have all changed their profile picture to a photo such as these to show their support. The vigils are amazing and the support these students have received has been amazing. People all over the country have change their profile photos to show their support. 


 According to the prosecutor this was not planned, these children whom were injured were picked at random. This was not about bullying or drugs. Because of the internet and social media - there are many stories out there that at this point a speculative. Students whom witnessed the shooting said this kid what not just shooting randomly, but looked as if he had targets in mind. Many have said this was about some fake drugs sold to him, others say he may have been bullied or this was over a girl. Some say that the girl whom was also shot was also an ex of the shooter. Who really knows at this point? I can only by what is being stated by investigators. I do feel that this was premeditated, regardless if targets were in mind; this child planned how he was going to go to this school and just shoot people. He took a knife as well - I am glad we will never know how much worse this could have gotten if the staff at CHS had not responded in the manner in which they did. I do know that it is the intentions of the prosecution that they will charge this child as and adult for the crimes he committed.

Please keep the families of this tragedy in your prayers!
Rest in Peace Daniel Parmertor, Russell King Jr, and Demetrius Hewlin
You are most defiantly in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: