Friday, February 24, 2012

2 Upcycled Jean Purses and a Fairy Door

Pin from Pinterest

My version.

I saw this denim purse on Pinterest and had to make it! I loved the concept - up-cycling - turning something old into something new. My sister in law's birthday was around the corner so I made one for her. I used stencils, some fabric paint and some fun stitching on my machine. She really liked the purse and uses it often! Then, for Christmas I thought each of the girls would love one. The pictures below are the front and back of Dakota's purse. It's a modified version of original. On her purse there are beads, buttons, Disney princess ribbon, stenciling etc. Time did get the best of me and I was unable to finish the purses of the other girls. Once they are complete I will be sure to post them too.


When I saw this fairy door on Pinterest I immediately thought of my sister in law Mary. She loves faries and other whimsical type things. I knew I had to also make this for her for her Birthday. Go to Pinterest and see all the things that come up for fairy doors. There are a lot of great idea out of there.

In the picture below is my own version of the fairy door. I went outside and pulled bark off some chopped wood, found some branches that I could cut to size and in half. I had the fake moss from a previous project. I got the hinges from Pat Catans. The door base is Popsicle sticks that I glued together and stained. The Fairy stone is a fake pearl that I glued to the center and used black stickles over some puffed liquid applique. I really like the outcome - so did Mary!!

Pin It

No comments: