Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

     I made 50 of these cute little Valentine's for Madelyn and Grace's class parties. For years I have wanted to make their Valentine's but time always got away from me. There is a fun paper store not too far from me: Hollos. They sell cardstock for about $1 a lb. GREAT place. The last time I was there I was looking at envelopes etc and saw stacks of precut cardstock. These originally are a little bigger than a card front size of 4.25x5.5. I used my new Martha Stewart score board and scored these in half. 
     Next, I used my Creative Memories cutting system to cut the white and red/pink circles. Followed by stamping the images and coloring them with the Tria Pantone and Prismacolor Markers. 
     Due to time and the fact that most people toss these cards, I wrote 3 of the 4 sayings on the cards as I did not have those sayings in stamp form. These were pretty easy to mass produce - the coloring was the hardest to do.
    Inside I cut two slits for the pencil to be secured and we added a packet of Fun Dip.

Also for the class party both Madelyn and Grace took in these yummy Betty Crocker treats in to celebrate Valentine's day with their friends!Pin It

Recipe found here!
Recipe found here!


No comments: