Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sugar Cookie Recipes

There are a ton of GREAT blogs out there that will teach you the ins and outs of cookie making and decorating. I couldn't do nearly as good of a job with my blogging and picture taking ability. I found all of this information while on Pinterest. If you are interested in this site - you'll need an invite if you do not already have an account. I would be glad to do so. Just shoot me a message.


Image from Bakers Royale


To start I went to Bakers Royale; this post. This gave me the directions broken down on how to start decorating with the royal frosting. Great blog with tons of great images etc. It is also broken down in very basic terms so really anyone can do this!



Amazing work from Sugarbelle


Then I mosied over to The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle for some amazing inspiration. I also started with her recipes for Sugar Cookies and did the following for my own adaptation; because I double the recipe for enough cookies adjustments have been made to the original recipe:




  • 2 c. of REAL unsalted BUTTER, softened
  • 3 c. confectioner’s sugar
  • 2 egg
  • 3 tsp caramel flavoring
  • 3 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5-5.5 c. all-purpose flour
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. salt
Cream together softened butter and confectioner’s sugar.  Crack the eggs into a separate bowl, and add the flavoring. Add that to the butter sugar mixture and mix until the eggs are thoroughly incorporated.  In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then add little by little to the mixture.
Next is her Royal Frosting icing - found here. This post has a lot of info, great pictures and my kids love the frosting...very candy like in flavor after it hardens. 
For information on coloring and preparing the frosting go here. Another great post by Sugarbelle that tells you about consistency of frosting etc. 
Lastly, this video is a great demonstration of how to color your frosting and  fill your bags that produce easy clean up! An awesome concept!
With all the information I provided above I was able to create the cute Halloween cookies that I also posted today!

No comments: