Thursday, February 16, 2012

Will you be mine?


I have been crafting away for months, but have found little time to blog about it. Now that the twins are nearly 3 they are getting better and better with letting mommy create! I am thankful for that. I have many photos that I hope to  post soon and get back on my to blogging more frequently (I am beginning to feel like a broken record :) )

This masculine card was a combination of 3 recent SCS challenges. Sketch Challenge SC372, Color Combo CC362 and Ways to use it WT361.

I used the following colors - night of navy, bashful blue and crumb cake to make a non-traditional colored valentine. This card looks very masculine because of the color choices!

After cutting my papers, and using Creative Memories cutting system for the circle I stamped my images with Palette Prussian Blue ink.

I used prismacolor pencils on the image as well as using gamsol and a blending stump to give it that graduated water color sorta look. I really like how using pencils that are similar to the paper colors really add to the image and it does not look lost like I thought it may look. I have never used colored pencil and gamsol on colored cardstock - I like the results.

I got a little carried away with running the ink on the edges of bashful blue but I still like it!


Bare with me on the photo quality - I am reading up on how to get better photos of my work...this one was taken on my iPhone.

No comments: