Monday, February 18, 2008

A Little of This, and a Little of That.....


I have been a litte busy this week....I have been focusing on finding a job even though I love being home with the girls, the checkbook does not love it so much.

I did have some time to play this week. Madelyn had another birthday party this past Sunday and I had to make another card.

I used a left over Pet Shop Valentine to create this card. I cut the horse out of the Valentine and adhere it too the card with a 3d-dot. I also used the TAC stamp sets Chicken Scratch and Wild West to complete this card.


Card details: Pink 2 CS (TAC), Beige (unknown vendor) and Chocolate Chip (SU) Cuttlebug EB folder (Squares). 3D-D0ts by EK. Versa Mark. Beige and Chocolate ribbon from Michaels. TAC stamp sets: Wild West and Chicken Scratch.


Then, I decided to do some glass etching. I received this glass coaster at a Wedding as a favor. I had been holding onto it until I figured what I could do to it. (besides use it for its purpose).

This is how I etched it (Directions based on a tutorial on SCS).

First I cleaned the surface with a glass cleaner. Then I measure the opening (the area I didn't want etched) and covered that area with a corresponding sized piece of contact paper. Once I inked my image (in this case, I used a TAC set Paisley Rockz), I carefully stamped it on the glass making sure that it did not slide. Then I poured Clear EP over the area and heated. I continued this process until the area was covered to my liking. Be careful, the glass will get hot and you may at time have to allow it to cool some before you move on.

After I had stamped all of my images and embossed, I poured Armour Etch cream over the areas I wanted etched. I used a sponge brush to spread out the cream. I kept it some what thick and covered well. Then I allowed the cream to sit for 5 minutes.

Once the time was us, I put n my kithen gloves and washed of the etching cream. It may take a bit of rubbing to get the Clear EP off the glass. Once it is all cleared off you will be able to see the etching in the glass.

No comments: