Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Love my Cricut!

I joined a Disney Autograph Book swap on SCS, so I worked on the pages today as the internet was out for the majority of the day....

I decided that when the investment was made in the Cricut that I would use it to its fullest capabilities. So, along with the machine and cartridges, I also have the Cricut Design Studio. This program is a great way to mass produce and pre-plan. This software allows me to plan out my entire Mickey Mouse so that I can cut paper to size, lay it out on the cutting mat and cut away. Since the swap that I was for 13+1, I could cut 14 of each thing at a time, the smaller items I could all be cut in one pass through the machine with the DS software.

Also, with DS, I can use markers to draw out what I want rather than cut it out. In the example below, you can see the Mickey Head background paper...no need to buy any disney paper now :)
Now that I look at these pages in more detail, I feel I should have added something to the background on the left hand page, it looks a little too simple for me.

Card details: Red, Black, White, Yellow, Ivory and Gray CS . Cricut cartridges: Mickey Font and Mickeyand Friends. Cricut Markers. 3D-Dots by EK.

1 comment:

Mary Leeson said...

Love your Mickey pages, Leona! I just got my Cricut too and can't wait to work with it more. TFS your artwork...inspires me to go experiment!haha! Bless~