Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting the most out of your Embossing Powders...

I was sitting here thinking of how to get the most out of my Embossing Powders, especially clear. I say this because besides using it for some sort or resist technique I rarely use my clear EP. So I gathered a bunch of stuff and decided to play with it to see how many things I can do with my clear EP.

1. Image stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with clear EP.
2. Image stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with clear EP, while still hot, I added a fine glitter.
3. Image stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with clear EP, while still hot, I added turquoise pearlex. I heated the image again and added a little more. while cool, I blotted the area to pull up as much excess pearlex as I could.
4. I used pigment ink, here I used the Brilliance Pearlecscent lime and embossed in clear EP.
5. I used a hybrid ink, here I used the Pallette: Claret and embossed in clear EP.
6. I used a SU Craft Pad: Almost Amethyst and embossed in clear EP.
7. I used a TAC Dye based ink: Sun Ripened Raspberries and the Transcendence EP for dye based inks and embossed. With this power you have to pour the powder as soon and the image is stamped.

Then, I was thinking what if you do not have this Transcendence EP? And what if you are looking for a particular color, to match a ribbon or a dye based ink? What if you just want a particular color EP period?? In the picture below, you will see a little bag with some purply EP in it. What I did was take some of my clear EP and added about 6-7 drops SU Almost Amethyst dye based reinker. It is in the process of drying out so that it will be a fine powder again and I can emboss with it. I can not wait to try it out and as soon as it is dry I will try it out and post my results here.

I figure that if a dye based reinker works, then a hybrid reinker should also work. And if it all works out I will experiment with other types of ink. This is a great possible money saver because I found a great deal on ebay once on buying a large amount of clear EP and I already have several reinkers so if this works, then I also have several more colors of EP.

Keep your fingers crossed for my experiment!

No comments: