Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bed Rest 101
Rule #1 - it sucks!
Rule #2 - make the best of it - the longer the babies are in the better off they will be.
So, I have a comfy couch, TV and wireless internet and 2 very understanding girls - hopefully that parts lasts for awhile.

Wednesday Evening I started having Braxton Hicks contractions from 6 pm to about midnight. I had called the doctor (like requested) and they decided that would need to come in Thursday morning. I am currently dialated 1cm at 30.5 wks. Apparently not a good thing since I need to keep these girls in for our goal of 4 more weeks. The preformed a test that is about 90% accurate in prediciting if I would be going into labor in the next two weeks or not - it was a negative. I am on meds to help with the contractions when I feel them etc.

So, I was told no more work. I did get approval to work from home - with my feet up. So, hopefully that works - I do not want to go on complete restriction.

I got back to the doctor on Thursday - so I will keep you all posted.

Tomorrow is the baby 'sprinkle' so I will be posting photos of that in the next few days - in the meantime here is a photo of my belly at 30.5 wks.

It seems that my belly has gotten smaller since the last photo. I know it hasn't but I am not sure why - maybes its more round and lower??

2 comments:

Pam's Pride said...

Bedrest is not THAT bad! ;) Keep those babies in there as long as you can!
Is your doctor giving you a steriod shot to develop the babies lungs? It made a HUGE difference for my baby girl.
Hopefully the contractions stop!
Sending prayers for you and the babies!

Toni said...

Grow babies grow...rest Leona.
Hopefully some stamping with come soon..or set up a little tray on the couch with some supplies. You are doing a great job!