I used my cricut to cut these images into to vinyl. Because fire department related items are not on a normal 'cartridge' I used a program called Inkscape and SureCutsALot to cut these images.
I found a wolf and maltese cross made of flames so I etched that into the plate below:
Peeling the negative out of this image was time consuming but the outcome of the final product was great!!
Then I used the SCAL software again to cut the works EMS and Firefighter - I etched these onto the ornaments below. It is hard to see in the photo and it is suttle in real life as well. I took Pledge Future Shine floor wax pour it into the bulbs and then added fine glitter. I may add ribbon to these...we will see.
I found this maltese cross online and cut it with the SCAL program. The detail work was almost too big for these votive holders but had I cut them any smaller it would not have worked for these.
Lastly, I made some domino key chains. After sanding the smooth side of the domino and drilling holes I used alcohol based inks to lay color on the domino. Once dry I stamped random flames using StazOn black ink. Again once it was dry I covered it with a clear shiny glaze. Then I added the wire and keychain attachements.
I may have a few more keychains done before this weekend. I am glad I was able to get this stuff together for the FD. I hope that it helps with raising money!!